We are adding a graphic designer to our collaborative team who is interested in creating professionally branded, intelligent design solutions (identity, print, exhibit and website design projects). The position is for someone who is primarily a graphic designer who has a passion for the web and digital design. You will work closely with our Art Director and Web Developer. This role provides an opportunity to bring your voice to a variety of design challenges and take on a key creative role within the firm.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, hard working, enjoys working in a small design studio and lives to create smart, conceptual work in both digital and traditional mediums. Candidates must have a background and education in design, with exceptional typography, a thorough understanding of visual hierarchy, and a passion for designing for web.
• 3+ years of professional design experience
• A BFA in Graphic Design preferred
• High-level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Proven skills in print, branding, and website design expertise. Your design portfolio should demonstrate an excellent eye for typography, mastery of clean and intuitive layouts, purposeful color, and a strong attention to detail. Your work should show a deep appreciation for simple, sleek, usable web interfaces.
• A demonstrated understanding of color, typography (online and print) and image manipulation and preparation
• Knowledgeable in responsive and mobile design; good interactive and digital design experience
• Has a passion for understanding the client and trying to come up with the best design solutions to fit them and their needs
• Excellent written, spoken, presentation and problem solving skills
• Passionate for learning and applying new technology
• Knowledge in production, file setup for print and interactive
• Understanding of HTML and CSS a plus
• Experience with WordPress or other CMS platforms is a plus
• Strong communicator, sense of humor, personable, and plays well with others
• Keen to learn, with a willingness to broaden skill set across all design competencies
• Able to multi-task, prioritize and perform
• Proactive, self-sufficient and professional, with strong organizational, time management and communication skills
• Ability to develop and maintain open, honest and trusting relationships
• Able to listen well and incorporate feedback during the design process
• Excellent attention to detail
• Able to demonstrate initiative
• Passionate and enthusiastic
The Bottom Line?
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (health, pension plan), along with a commitment to a healthy life/work balance. We are located near Porter Square in Cambridge, in an attractive, open layout studio.
Preference is for people who are already in the greater Boston area.